For Your Children
You and your family are important to East Dallas Christian Church. One of the many ways we show our commitment is through an active and ongoing ministry to children and youth. It is our hope that our church provides a nurturing environment to help children fulfill their potential. East Dallas Christian Church's youth ministry program includes groups for:
- Junior Youth Fellowship (JYF) - for children in third through fifth grades
- Chi Rho - for youth in sixth through eighth grades
- Christian Youth Fellowship (CYF) - for high school aged youth, grades 9 - 12
All of our youth programs focus on group and individual development in four major areas:
- FELLOWSHIP - developing an ongoing meaningful relationship between the members of each group and their sponsors. This is accomplished through quality time spent together in regular meetings, on trips and at special events.
- STUDY - devoting time at meetings to study the application of Scripture to real life situations and relationships.
- WORSHIP - participating in the development and presentation of an annual Youth Sunday Worship Service. This is in addition to regular participation by youth members as Junior Deacons and acolytes.
- SERVICE - learning what it means to be “a servant of God in service to others” through regular service. This is seen in practice by projects and annual mission trips for CYF and Chi Rho.
Christian education for children and youth
- NURSERY - Just downstairs in the Children's Hallway of the Education Building, you'll find a wonderfully equipped and staffed nursery. This special place is designed for infants up to two years of age. The nursery is available during early worship, Sunday School hour and Sanctuary worship service.
- SUNDAY SCHOOL - Our church offers Sunday School for all ages at 9:30am on Sunday mornings. Children's classes for up to 5th grade are located downstairs in the Children's hallway of the Education Building. Junior High and High School classes are upstairs in the Minyard Building.
- Our curriculum provides a solid long-term plan for teaching the Bible to children ages 2 through 12. We teach key Bible stories and foundational theological concepts. By weaving in music, games, projects, skits and other activities, we make learning fun for children. Our approach is that Sunday School should be an enjoyable experience that encourages children to learn more about God and his love!
- CHILDREN’S CHURCH - Immediately following the Children’s Moment in the 10:50 a.m. Sunday worship service, children from ages 3 thru 5th grade leave the Sanctuary for Children’s Church in the Education Building. There they participate in the Godly Play method of Christian education, using parable, sacred story, liturgical action and crafts. This method helps children become more fully aware of the mystery of God’s presence in their lives and in the world.